HOME  I I  HI TECH NEWS  I SPORTS I CONTACT

 
 
   
  Three Men Found Dead in Southwest Detroit Home as Police Investigate

Derick Adams - Crime/Law
Tell Us Detroit News

DETROIT — Police are investigating the deaths of three men found inside a home on the city’s southwest side, a discovery that has unsettled neighbors and raised new concerns about safety in the area.

The bodies were discovered Wednesday afternoon in the basement of a house on the 3100 block of Edsel Street, near Francis Avenue and Fort Street. Officers were initially in the area on a missing-person matter when a man approached them claiming he had been assaulted at a nearby home and that there were bodies inside.

When officers entered the residence, they found three adult men dead in the basement. Investigators said the victims appeared to have been brutally assaulted. Their identities had not been released as of Thursday.

Police said the case remains in its early stages, with no suspects in custody and no confirmed motive. It is also unclear how long the bodies had been inside the home or whether the deaths are connected to the missing-person report that first brought officers to the neighborhood.

Michigan State Police are assisting Detroit detectives as they process the scene and gather evidence. Authorities are asking anyone with information to contact investigators or submit tips to Crime Stoppers.

Residents in the surrounding blocks said the heavy police presence and crime-scene tape were alarming in what many described as a typically quiet residential area. Some neighbors reported seeing investigators at the house for hours as evidence was collected and vehicles were towed from the scene.

Community members said the discovery has heightened fears about violence and neglected properties in the neighborhood, with several calling for increased patrols and more communication from city officials.

Police have not said whether the man who reported the assault is a witness, a victim, or a person of interest. Detectives are awaiting autopsy results from the Wayne County Medical Examiner to determine the exact causes of death.

Officials emphasized that the investigation is ongoing and that more details will be released as they become available.

















 

                      

 
 

All Rights Reserved   2003-2026 Tell Us USA
Disclaimer  Policy Statement
Site Powered By Tell Us Worldwide Media Company - Detroit, Michigan. USA